HAY FEVER, ALLERGIES & AROMATHERAPY
Suggested Essential Oils:
- Eucalyptus radiata or globulus: Clears nasal or sinus congestion; expels mucous
- Frankincense: Helps break down excess mucous; anti-inflammatory
- German Chamomile: Anti-inflammatory, antihistamine
- Helichrysum: Anti-spasmodic
- Laurel Leaf: Expectorant, decongestant; calming and sedative
- Lavender: Antihistamine, Anti-inflammatory, sedative and relaxing
- Lemon: Immunostimulant
- Opoponax: Antimucolytic, Emotionally grounding
- Peppermint: Eases breathing
- Ravintsara: Decongesting, anti-inflammatory
- Roman Chamomile: Anti-inflammatory, antihistamine
- Vetiver: Anti-inflammatory; reduces itchiness; emotional grounding
- Ylang ylang: Anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, relaxing and calming
Clear Head Blend
- 1 Tablespoon of carrier oil (olive, jojoba, grapeseed)
- 2 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops of Lavender essential oil
Massage in to scalp, temples and base of neck. Inhale essences from hands following application. Avoid direct eye contact. Take a few minutes of quiet time to relax and close your eyes.
Allergy Relief Formula
Fill a foot basin or tub half full with tepid water. Add essential oils to the salts and mix before adding to the water. Avoid direct eye contact. Soak your feet while sitting for at least 15 – 20 minutes.
Asthma Oil Blend
In a glass amber bottle, add the essential oils and carrier oil and mix/shake well. Massage well on upper back and front of upper chest. Avoid direct eye contact. Inhale from hands with several deep and relaxed breaths. Apply three times per day.
Add a total of 10 – 12 drops of any combination of essential oils to 2 oz of carrier oil (olive, jojoba, grapeseed, etc.)
Cold Air Diffuse
Set a timer to diffuse for 15 minutes every 2 hours
Place 2 drops on a tissue or cotton ball and inhale as needed
Soak a blank cotton nasal inhaler with a combination of essential oils. Use only as needed.
Young Living Essential Oil Supplements
The A to Z of Essential Oils by E. Joy Bowles, 2003
A Lifetime Guide to Healing with Essential Oils by Valerie Cooksley, 1996
The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood, 1991 Essential Oils Desk Reference by Essential Science Publishing, 2005