Please tell me why you have chosen these ingredients for your toothpaste? Toothpaste, a product placed in the mouth of children and adults, absorbed by the mucous membranes in the buccal cavity of the mouth and then absorbed into the bloodstream.
This is a product families are using every day, twice a day! Another personal care product to think about with all of the health concerns we have. I wouldn’t support a company that incorporates these synthetic, unnatural chemicals and ingredients.
The documented health impacts of these ingredients is upsetting and using them in a toothpaste… for healthy teeth and gums makes no sense!
INGREDIENTS FOUND IN Colgate Total Toothpaste Gel:
- Sodium Fluoride: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706065/SODIUM_FLUORIDE/
- Triclosan: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706623/TRICLOSAN/
- Hydrated Silica: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/719552/HYDRATED_SILICA/
- PVM/MA Copolymer
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706089/SODIUM_LAURETH_SULFATE/
- Cellulose Gum
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Propylene Glycol: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/705315/PROPYLENE_GLYCOL/
- Carrageenan (Red Seaweed)
- Sodium Saccharin: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706177/SODIUM_SACCHARIN/
- Titanium Dioxide: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706561/TITANIUM_DIOXIDE/
- FD&C Blue 1: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/702408/FD%26C_BLUE_1/
Personally, I floss and use Thieves Dentarome Ultra toothpaste, an all-natural toothpaste containing essential oils. And weekly, I do a brushing with sea salt and baking soda. My dental hygienist has commented for years on the health of my teeth and gums. And I haven’t had a cavity since using the Young Living oral care products!
PS) Any of the Thieves toothpastes may be applied topically to help ease symptoms of poison ivy or a very small dab on a pimple (avoid direct eye contact).