Please tell me why you have chosen these ingredients for your toothpaste? Toothpaste, a product placed in the mouth of children and adults, absorbed by the mucous membranes in the buccal cavity of the mouth and then absorbed into the bloodstream.
This is a product families are using every day, twice a day! Another personal care product to think about with all of the health concerns we have. I wouldn’t support a company that incorporates these synthetic, unnatural chemicals and ingredients.
The documented health impacts of these ingredients is upsetting and using them in a toothpaste… for healthy teeth and gums makes no sense!
Ingredients found in Colgate Total Toothpaste Gel:
- Sodium Fluoride: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706065/SODIUM_FLUORIDE/
- Triclosan: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706623/TRICLOSAN/
- Hydrated Silica: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/719552/HYDRATED_SILICA/
- PVM/MA Copolymer
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706089/SODIUM_LAURETH_SULFATE/
- Cellulose Gum
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Propylene Glycol: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/705315/PROPYLENE_GLYCOL/
- Carrageenan (Red Seaweed)
- Sodium Saccharin: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706177/SODIUM_SACCHARIN/
- Titanium Dioxide: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/706561/TITANIUM_DIOXIDE/
- FD&C Blue 1: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/702408/FD%26C_BLUE_1/
Personally, I floss and use Thieves Dentarome Ultra toothpaste, an all-natural toothpaste containing essential oils. And weekly, I do a brushing with sea salt and baking soda. My dental hygienist has commented for years on the health of my teeth and gums.
PS) Any of the Thieves toothpastes may be applied topically to help ease symptoms of poison ivy or a very small dab on a pimple (avoid direct eye contact).