Many years ago, I was shocked when I learned the actual chemicals contained in the expensive perfumes I was wearing on my skin, ultimately inhaling and offending others with. But, wearing perfume doesn’t have to be a health hazard.
Wearing a personalized perfume made with Essential Oils (substances obtained by steam distilling plant material) makes you smell good and feel good, naturally.
Smelling an essential oil has an immediate impact on our memories and our emotions so when personalizing your “perfume”, choose only Essential Oils that you love.
What you will need:
- jojoba, sweet almond oil, castor oil or grape seed oil
- Essential Oils
- glass jar, bottle or roll-on
For every 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) of carrier oil used, add 5 Total Drops of Essential Oils.
Suggested Essential Oils:
- Neroli ~ relaxing, spirituality, calming
- Rose ~ grief, depression, anger, despair
- Ylang ylang ~ relaxing, euphoric, sensuality
- Geranium ~ imagination, protects, intimacy
- Cedarwood ~ supportive, grounding, confidence
- Jasmine ~ depression, fear, confidence, optimism
- Sandalwood ~ meditation, protects, calming, grounding
- Myrrh ~ calming, grounding, facilitates meditation, peace
- Bergamot ~ relaxing, calming, uplifting, insomnia, anxiety
- Frankincense ~ emotionally supporting, focus, tranquility
- Patchouli ~ nervousness, calms mind, grounding, sensuality
Shake well before using. Apply to ears, wrists, over the heart, on the belly, back of neck, etc.
Safety & Storage:
Avoid direct eye contact. Store in cool, dark place, away from heat and light.
Learn how perfumes & fragrances affect our health and environment:
EWG’s Skin Deep